WINE is just "WIN" with an 'E' on the end - both for our EARTH and for your taste buds!
Happy Earth Month from our newest Green Act Business Member: The Wine Shoppe on Park located in beautiful Peterborough Ontario at 392 Brock Street.
Owners Sarah and Jennifer are BIG believers of creating more Green Acts at the shop.
One of their longest running #green projects is their wine cork recycling program.
Originally started back in 2006 by the Girl Guides of Ontario, businesses and other churches take in corks for recycling.
A volunteer committee from our local Survivors Abreast chapter sort the corks.
Then, they take them to Jelinek, a cork recycling facility in Oakville.
Jelinek turns them into:
- Cork boards, cork flooring and building supplies
- Dock floats and more!
Way to go!
Here are some other Green Acts they've implemented:
- Their customers reuse all wine bottles over & over again
- They've installed LED Lights
- Unlike most stores in the wine industry, they do NOT use a bottle washing machine that wastes thousands of gallons of water every month
- They are reducing their paper waste by offering to email customer receipts instead of printing on paper
- They reuse plastic bubble wrap, and all non recyclable shrink wrap, plastic kit wrap and other packaging fillers that they receive in their incoming orders to cushion their outgoing shipments
Voted Peterborough's Favourite Wine Making Place for 15 years, this is the place to discover how simple it is to make one of the hundreds of different wines offered.
Wines are expertly crafted in store and are ready to bottle between 4-8 weeks.
Customers select a wine & return to bottle it! Over 200 wines to choose from too!
Jennifer & Sarah invite you to come and discover the fun in wine-making :)
The Wine Shoppe on Park
A Proud RJS Academy Member
392 Brock St. at Park St.
Peterborough, ON, K9H 2R5